I think I should maybe make these a regular feature, since this is the second one with the same name, but for now I wanted to get one last post in before the end of the month. 🙂 Unfortunately, I did an inadvisable amount of work for my job today and yesterday and the post I had in progress is turning out to be too involved to finish quickly, so head below the cut for a run down of what might be showing up on the blog for October. 🙂
Upcoming posts! (subject to change, of course)
- So You Want to Watch a Transformers TV Show – currently in progress and giving a comparatively brief rundown of my thoughts on the shows I’ve seen, with special notes on how the female characters fair. Also, Starscream and some gifs, because both are fun.
- A review of IDW’s Robots in Disguise, issue #33, with guest artist Sarah Stone from IDW’s Windblade mini-series. Which is why I originally picked it up (Sarah Stone on art + Sarah Stone’s Starscream and Windlbade!). It also seems like a good jumping on point for the series, or as good of one as it’s going to get. Also, did I mention Starscream Sarah Stone style?
- Maybe some stuff about IDW’s More Than Meets the Eye? This is a series I’d missed, but it has now delightfully popped onto my radar with its canon committed queer couple, fun, character-based storytelling, and easy to read and lovely to look at art. Also, did I mention adorable gay robots?
- A quick rundown recommending Image’s Shutter? It’s on hiatus for October and has its first trade paperback coming out soon, so it would be good timing for an already belated post. Or you can just go read two women of colour (including a trans woman of colour) and a sentient cat clock/clock cat having awesome adventures already.
- My weekly Jim Balent Catwoman posts, of course, although we are moving out of a steady patch of sequential solved covers and I still have those unsolved No Man’s Land covers hanging around. Consider me vexed.
- Maybe something else? Maybe something less? Depends on how my health, finances, and work hours fair during the month. 🙂
And that’s about it. I was going to post some bonus pages from the Catwoman comics I featured over the weekend, but my wrists and keyboard (and brain!) are about done for now. And probably for tomorrow too. 🙂 Plus, it’s hard to pick just a few pages from the Selina vs. Hollywood storyline, so that’s about it for this last post of the month. As a note though, I am starting to toss around ideas for Wondercon 2015, since the call for proposals for Comics Arts Conference has opened up and is due December 1, in case anyone is interested in a potential panel presentation on some combination of queerness, female gaze, fandom, and IDW’s Transformers comics. 😉
And, just a big big thank to all my Patreon patrons and everybody else who reads and/or donates. You are all awesome. 🙂 And get one more Megatron gif, because I can (and can manage to pull one up and add it in before my brain and fingers totally quit on me 🙂 ).