This has been a rather … interesting month and, unfortunately, one capped off with a rather serious head injury that is going to badly mess up my paycheck for the month and a rejection on the only actual job prospect my partner had. But, head below the cut for what I may have lined up for the coming month. 🙂
Upcoming posts! (subject to change of course, especially given my current shaky circumstances – and I don’t just mean recovering from a head injury :P)
- So You Want to Watch a Transformers TV Show -This is going to happen. I promise. Although probably mostly for my own amusement and for a friend who hasn’t watched anything since g1, since I’m getting rather turtle-y over posting it when I haven’t watched every single piece of Transformers tv in existence. Then again, why should I have to in order to write something I want to? 🙂 Plus, well, I’m already still sloooowly making my way through Transformers Energon. I think I’ve suffered enough. 😛
- Sunday Fun Day – Where’s Waldo? Jim Balent Catwoman Style – I’ve really enjoyed doing this feature, even if circumstances have meant missing a week on occasion or not quite being in the mood to write it, but I’m down to about a month’s more of posts, so December will probably be the grand hurrah on it. Not sure what to fill the spot with afterwards, especially since I really want something Selina on my plate at all times. 🙂
- Untitled post about Sarah Stone’s faces – Had this idea for a while and still want to do it if and when I’m up to it. Really cool things going on with her art and the amount and variety of expressiveness in the faces she gives every bot. Especially want to talk about Starscream and private versus public faces in Transformers: Windblade #1-4 and Transformers: Robots in Disguise #33, and also Windblade and how expressive her face actually is (I’ve seen people claiming that she doesn’t have any variety in her facial expressions/isn’t expressive, so that spurred that thought).
- How Do You Wondercon – If things manage not to go under and I can let December be December-y and help use that to help me recover a bit, I want to get started on this idea since con season/pre-con season will be warming up. Basically this is me thinking up and sharing information about deciding whether or not to attend a con, how to plan for it, and what to expect and do once you’re there, with a particular focus on Wondercon and on traveling and con-going when you’re a spoonie. I really couldn’t find any resources for the type of thing I wanted to know when I started, so that’s the impetus for this. Also that I am the type of person to have oddly specific questions like “Is it okay for a presenter to cosplay while on a panel?” 🙂
- Maybe something else about Catwoman, although I’m on a bit of a Transformers kick right now, plus ‘very’ uncertain as to how the month is going to go and in need of spending some good (and Christmas-y) self care time on myself. I also don’t know that I’m quite up to doing another guide style post right now, since that’s what this would be (either a guide to the different types of negative reactions to post-Crisis, pre-New52 Catwoman having been a sex worker, based off my research and presentation for Wondercon 2014, or a post covering some of the other questions/concerns I saw when reading … far too many forum discussions about Catwoman as a former sex worker than is advisable).
And I ‘think’ that’s about it, although I may have forgotten something. Far too many hours of work-work today and when I’m still recovering from my head injury (and still only enough hours to not get me fired, basically). 🙂 Although I do say subject to change when I bullet point out potential posts, so I suppose I am covered if I change my mind/things work out differently. 🙂
Note: Yes, the cosplay thing does mean I’m hoping to finally get to do it some year and probably on my presentation day. I think it would do me a lot of personal [words that sound good about personal development and recovery :P] good. Plus be fun. 🙂 Also – I think a Catwoman/Vampirella team-up is missing from my record sheet for my Jim Balent Catwoman posts and needs to be on there, so there’s that to look forward to. Or dread. Or feel meh about. 😛